Volunteers provide valuable assistance to ESU staff and enrich the ESU program. Community members are encouraged to volunteer their services to the ESU under the conditions set forth below.
- Volunteers must provide the ESU with directory information including their name, address, and telephone number.
- Upon request by the ESU, volunteers must promptly execute a Volunteer Services Agreement.
- The ESU may, but is not required to, conduct a criminal background check on any volunteer. A potential volunteer who refuses to undergo a background check will not be permitted to volunteer for the ESU.
- Volunteers shall not perform the duties of a teacher as that term is defined in Nebraska statutes or regulations.
- Volunteers do not have any property right in or to a volunteer assignment. The ESU may deny or terminate a volunteer assignment for any reason that is not unconstitutional or unlawful. The administrator’s decision shall be final.
Adopted on: October 13, 2008
Revised on: February 12, 2019
Reviewed on: October 10, 2011