ESU 4, representing school districts in Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, and Richardson Counties, is accepting applications for a Special Behavior Coach. ESU 4 offers an outstanding salary and benefit package. For more information regarding this position, please contact Ellen Stokebrand. View the complete job description.
Department: Special Education
Job Title: Behavior Coach/Intervention Specialist (Full Time)
Reports to: Director of Special Education
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of ESU 4 Board Policies and Procedures and as determined to be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education
- Experience in behavior intervention
- Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement in Special Education
- Valid Driver's License
- BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Comply with the procedures and guidelines of 92 NAC 51 (Rule 51) and IDEA in providing a free, appropriate public education for students with disabilities
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction
- Maintains, organizes and secures accurate and appropriate educational and professional records.
- Participates in professional development activities, including presenting at local, regional, and statewide trainings
- Works collaboratively with ESU 4 staff and school districts to identify and plan effectively for students in need of behavioral intervention
- Builds the capacity of ESU 4 staff and school districts in conducting functional behavioral assessments and developing behavior intervention plans
- Builds the capacity of ESU 4 staff and school districts in the implementation of functional behavioral plans
- Maintains confidentiality
- Assist the ESU 4 Director of Special Education in planning content, budget, curriculum, and philosophy of the program
- Work as a team member with ESU 4 and school district staff
- Attend local and regional meetings related to role and responsibility
- Support ESU 4’s mission and vision
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of child development
- Solid knowledge and experience with PBIS, CPI, and/or Mandt.
- Evidence of strong communication and collaboration skills
- Evidence of effective decision making skills
- Ability to develop and implement positive behavioral support plans
- Ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
- Knowledge of Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- Constant repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of a computer
- Frequent sitting and driving
- Frequent travel to area schools with a home base to be determined (example: Auburn)
- Primarily requires working indoors in an environmentally controlled environment
- Normal effort or occasional periods of light physical activity
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of ESU 4 and is appropriate for their position
- Based on education and experience
- 185 day school year contract
Applications will be open until the position is filled. Start date will begin with the 2022-2023 school year. Please send a request for the application form. Any questions regarding the application process can be directed to:
Director of Special Education, ESU 4
2301 Dahlke Ave.
Auburn, NE 68305
402.274.4354 ext. 109
Educational Service Unit 4 is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability. This job description summary does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen circumstances.